Hugin is a panorama stitcher and more! Open Source software, free to use, modify and share.
Get Hugin Now ▼ Free Windows and Mac download provided by the SourceForge mirror service.
For detailed release notes, see the Hugin releases section.
- 2014.0.0 released October 2014
- 2013.0.0 released October 2013
- 2012.0.0 released November 2012
- 2011.4.0 released December 2011
- 2011.2.0 released September 2011
- 2011.0.0 released May 2011
- 2010.4.0 released December 2010, with the addition of CPfind Hugin is now feature complete.
- 2010.2.0 released October 2010
- 2010.0.0 released March 2010
- 2009.4.0 released December 2009
- 2009.2.0 released September 2009
- 0.8.0 released July 2009
- 0.7.0 released October 2008
- 0.7.0 feature freeze February 2008
- 0.7beta4 released February 2007
- 0.6.1 stable released October 2006
- 0.5 released December 2005, Hugin reached stable state: the essential features are working. Currently Hugin runs on Linux, Windows, MacOSX and many Unix systems.
- 0.4 January 2004
- 0.1 released May 2003
The Hugin project makes reasonable efforts to ensure that the released source code builds on a wide variety of platforms. We also provide information how to build the source code (links below). We don't have the resources to go beyond that. Sometimes we also don't have access to specific platforms and can't guarantee that the code builds either.
Please don't ask us for binaries / pre-compiled versions. We believe that if a group of users of a specific platform feels the need, they will eventually produce them.
For platforms with package managers, please inform us of the location of your binaries and we'll gladly link to instructions how to use them.
As a courtesy for platforms without package managers, we'll upload contributed binaries to the official Sourceforge repository after they have passed enough testing. You are free to distribute your (unofficial) builds from everywhere else at any time.
- Windows: Official 2013.0.0. An extensive set of 32-bit and 64-bit binaries, python enabled(*) or not, and in installer .exe format and as .7z zip format, can be downloaded from the Hugin 2013.0 file section.
(*): For the Python enabled builds, one needs a preexisting Python 3.2 installation.
- Mac: Official Hugin, PTBatcherGui and Calibrate_lens_gui 2013.0.0: a dmg containing the bundles. For Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion and Mavericks.
- Linux: use your distribution's official package manager. Packages are available for Debina, Fedora, Gentoo, Ubuntu and probably a lot more.
- FreeBSD: Hugin is in the ports collection. Instructions at the FreeBSD page on the panotools wiki
Compiling from source
For full compilation instructions, read the INSTALL file. Guides for various systems can be found on the panotools wiki:
- Compiling on Fedora
- Compiling for OS X
- Compiling on Windows
- Compiling on Ubuntu
- Compiling on Gentoo
- Compiling on FreeBSD
Dependencies are listed here on the panotools wiki.
Since May 2010 Hugin lives in a Mercurial repository that contains the whole project history since inception.
See the Sourceforge Mercurial information page to retrieve the latest version of Hugin via HG.
Return to main page.