Hugin-2016.2.0 Release Notes
Hugin is more than just a panorama stitcher.
Changes Since 2016.0.0
- Allow reading of image positions from Papywizard XML files: First add the image to a new project and then select File, Import settings from Papywizard XML file... This will read the lens settings, the image positions and also, if applicable, the bracket settings. After this, the usual workflow is to run cpfind with --prealigned switch and then geocpset to connect orphanded images.
- The internal blender and verdandi got the possibility to blend seams as alternative to current hard seam: For each seam the color of second image is adapted to the match the color of the first seam. For this blender, the blender order changes according to the overlap. The blending starts with the exposure anchor and blends then all overlapping images. This blending mode is not suited if there are bigger misalignments or bigger parallax errors.
- The display of the control point error (after optimizing and in fast preview window) and the control point list window can now limited to take only control points in active images into account (menu Edit, Optimize only active images, connected with the setting on the optimizer tab).
- Improvements to mask tab in Hugin (edit crop of all images of the same lens at once) and find panorama dialog in PTBatcherGUI (remove images from found panoramas, split found panorama into two).
- Several improvements for Mac OS.
- Fixes several issues with fast preview window which could result in random crashes (uninitialized variables, memory leaks).
Most of the translations have been updated for this release.
Upgrading from previous versions of Hugin should be seamless. If you do have problems with old settings, these can be reset in the Preferences window by clicking 'Load defaults'.
It is strongly recommended to set the default control point detector to Hugin's CPFind. It is the only control point generator endorsed by Hugin. Third-party generators may be compatible with the plug-in architecture.
User communities produce executables for their respective platforms. Executables are likely to be announced within a few days of this tarball release on the mailing list and added to the download section on SourceForge.
Known Issues and Workarounds
There is a known issue on Linux: When starting Hugin the Photos tab is not correctly drawn. This happens only with GTK+3.20 and with some window managers (not all). This is a bug in wxWidgets and/or GTK+3.x and needs to be fixed upstream.
A workaround is to resize the Hugin window after start up, then the Photos tab is correctly draw.
For builders: We recommend therefore to compile Hugin with an older versions of GTK+2.x or GTK+3 <3.20.
Thanks to all the contributors to this release and members of the hugin-ptx mailing list, too many to mention here.